Monday, November 11, 2013

Final Still Art



So after a long process with endless thumbnails, first and second drafts and learning about composition, this is my final product.

I am sad to say that I am not at all happy with my final image. I think my two previous drafts were much better. In this last on I think my sixth figure, the beam of blue across the whole page, was to dark and came to much in focus. I think it actually covered some of the other objects that were meant to be in focus. On this image I put the olive glass in the front instead of the front, but I think the picture was more balanced with it in the back because now I got this big empty space. Also I chose not to color in the clock and leave it white, but I think I should have at least made some reflections in it. It could have been an idea to have for example a quote there. It was hard to use chalk for the olive glass and there were a lot of colors in there that I had difficulties painting. The composition could also be improved I think. I know I wanted to have it “stand” on a surface before I started but I think maybe I should have put some of the objects on the top of the paper, “flying”. One thing that I am happy with is that I used a lot of techniques in this image. I used line variation, toning with both colors and black and white. I also made the clock come more in focus by having a blue shine come from behind it. I wanted to use contrast colors in my image, and I think that worked, but it was a lot of dark colors.


I apologize for the inconvenience that the pictures are wrong way or tilted. Tried for hours to fix it, but couldn’t.. L

No comments:

Post a Comment