Thursday, November 14, 2013

Animal Exercises






These are some of the exercises we did before starting our animal-drafts and playing with color. The skribble drawing helped me loosen up and focus on the tones. it helped me to loosen up and not be too worried about the precision of my drawing because when i use a pen i wont use time to erase etc, and will there fore not have that many expectation on the precision part of it. This is a good exercise for the toning because i can add layers  where it is darker, until i get the tone i want. Also when i use a pen i dont have to use time blending out my colors to get an even tone.




The negative space drawing helped me look at all the angels of the outer lines. When i look at the negative space it will helpe me draw the figure more accurately.




Drawing my animal in geometric shapes will help me see this new shape as something i am familiar with. It is also easier to see things compared to one another and to get the proportions of the face right.



Iwas very happy with my blind conture drawing! Amazingly enough my lines connected and the proportions were right. I can promise that i did not look once at my paper, so this is definently the best conture drawing I have ever done. Done conture drawings forces me to look at the outer line of my object and really pay attention to how the line moves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment