Monday, November 11, 2013

Three Fruits

Sorry! Managed to delete this post… but here ill repost it ;)
For coloring and shading I used chalk, charcoal and color pencils, one for each fruit. I used three different fruits for this piece: a pineapple, a carrot and a green pepper. I used some time before I started to set them in a position I was pleased with. I tried making the set up a little more exiting by leaning the carrot on the pineapple, with the pepper in front holding it up.
I decided to color the pepper with chalk because I thought it would be an easy and effective way to make the surface “shine” or reflect the light as it does in reality. I used the colored pencils for the carrot, because I knew the orange colors would do well with the green color of the pepper. I also thought about doing the pineapple with colors, but I thought it was too black and white in reality to really make any difference, so I used charcoal for that instead.
I really enjoyed working with the chalk and I would defiantly like to use that technique later for other pieces. I think I have to work some more on layering with the colored pencils and to keep my drawing light using charcoal.

I found it hard to draw all the details in the pineapple with charcoal and the pineapple might have been a little bit too dark, so that was a little challenging, but I am really happy with the way it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment